Thursday, July 21, 2011

അമ്മ... I Love you




Amma...
You are the one who brought me into this beautiful life.
You have always cared for me.
You made me smile when I needed it the most,
and your face brightened whenever I was happy.

When I cried and tears filled my eyes,
you came to me,
wiped them away
with your ever-comforting hands.

When I fell,
you reached out with your encouraging hand
and lifted me up again.

When I suffered,
you comforted me with your gentle smile
and gave me the strength to move forward.
You knelt for hours before the crucifix,
praying for me.

You stayed awake through countless nights,
keeping watch over me
whenever I was sick.

You were the first to introduce me to this world
and to teach me that every person,
every creature,
is beautiful in its own way.

You helped me see the goodness in life
when I could see only what was wrong.
You taught me the value of friendship,
and through it all,
you have always been my best friend.

You taught me when to say "Yes,"
and when to have the courage to say "No."
You gave me glimpses of a better world
and shaped me into the person I am today.

Amma,
I love you—
not merely because of all that you have done for me,
but because you are my mother,
and because you are simply you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are Welcome to Comment